Development of cellular and molecular science and technology in the context of the formation of superior varieties, the production of quality propagules and bioactive materials
Domain and Scope
Containers for the development of cellular and molecular science and technology in the context of the development of superior varieties, the production of quality propagules and bioactive materials which include:
- Develop methods for regeneration and propagation of plant cells and tissue to get quality propagules
- Develop cellular and molecular-based plant breeding techniques in an effort to obtain superior products
- Develop and preserve in vitro to get superior products
- Develop methods and products (biochemical, cellular and molecular markers) to detect early agronomic traits of plants
- Isolating, acquiring and identifying agronomic character genes and analyzing their expression
- Conducting bioactive material production activities, quality propagules resulting from in vitro culture and its vegetative derivatives
- Conduct a bio-safety study of genetically modified plants
Main Research Topics
- Research to obtain in vitro propagation technology and its vegetative derivatives in providing quality propagules
- Research on regeneration and morphogenesis of various regeneration systems
- Research into systemic disease release in vitro
- Research to obtain methods and products (biochemical, cellular and molecular markers) for early detection of agronomic traits of plants
- Plant breeding studies using in vitro facilities include haploidization, secondary metabolites, protoplast hybridization, mutagenesis, selection, germplasm preservation, and genetic engineering
- Research to isolate, obtain and identify agronomic character genes and analyze their expression
- Research on the influence of plant biotechnology products related to the environment
Prof. Dr. Ir. Sudarsono, M.Sc.
Prof. Dr. Ir. Bambang Sapta Purwoko, M.Sc.
Dr. Ir. Ni Made Armini Wiendi, M.S.
Dr. Ir. Agus Purwito, M.Sc.Agr.
Dr. Ir. Darda Effendi, M.S.
Dr. Ir. Dini Dinarti, M.S.
Dr. Ir. Dewi Sukma, M.S.
Dr. Ir. Nurul Khumaida, M.Sc.
Dr. Ir. Sintho W. Ardie, M.S.
Dr. Ir. Awang Maharijaya, M.S.
Ir. Andri Ernawati, M.Sc.
Ir. Megayani Sri Rahayu, M.S.
Shandra Amarilis, S.P., M.Sc.
Prof. Dr. Ir. Nurhayati A. Mattjik, M.Sc.
Masters and Doctoral Programs:
AGH 631 Plant Biotechnology
AGH 632 Plant Growth Regulatory Substances
AGH 634 Plant Genetic Engineering
AGH 635 Molecular and Cellular Analysis for Plant Breeding
AGH 636 Advanced Plant Tissue Culture
AGH 637 Plant Cellular Physiology and Biology
AGH 638 Biotechnology Laboratory Engineering
AGH 731 Capita Selecta Biotechnology
AGH 732 Plant Growth and Development